Ākāśāt Patitaṃ: Many Forms, One Reality

Image
Adi Shankara: The image that's stayed with me forever Sanskrit and shlokas have always fascinated me. The sheer vastness of Sanskrit literature is humbling. There are enough verses, texts, commentaries and traditions to occupy many lifetimes, and still leave one feeling that one has barely scratched the surface. But I didn't think much about any of this when I was growing up. I would recite shlokas in the morning and evening without fail. They were simply part of life. The words were there, the rituals were there, the temples were there—but much of it happened in the background. I was busy with academics. There was no time for Sanskrit or Vedanta. At least, that is what I used to tell myself. Of course, time was never really the problem. I could spend five days watching a Test match from morning to evening and somehow consider that perfectly legitimate use of my time! The truth was simpler: Sanskrit and Vedanta had not yet become priorities. Gr...

Back to blogs!

After a rather hectic fortnight of exams and projects, it is time to spend the holidays with books, movies and blogs. Not that I was missing out on the movies. I have watched quite a lot of them since the purchase of the Pioneer home theater system. Its been quite a list of movies.

The Apocalypse now
Basic Instinct
Sholay
Ram Balaram
Teesri Manzil
Jaanwar
City of God
The Bourne Identity
Hyderabad Blues
Iris
The Legend of Bhagat Singh

and with many more to come...

All in all, a good fortnight that I am looking forward to!!!

Comments

  1. Hi Praveen,

    I guess you are finally catching up with me. By the way do you still think that Sharon Stone was not the killer in Basic Instict? We can argue about it if you still think so. Hope you understood the movie Momento. You still have to see Usual Suspects and Equilibrium.

    I think by now your opposition to home theater is dead.

    Welcome to the real world.

    -Yadu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praveen,
    A persons who thinks Academy & Oscar are two diferent Awards has no right to watch & talk about Hollywood Movies . I suggest you to Forget all those English movies that you have on your wishlist for this holidays and watch how many ever Tamil & Hindi movies you want and sail in see of euphoria.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment