Temporarily Lost Forever
Once, we walked to a friend’s door. Now, we hesitate to call. Two months ago, I called a friend I have known for twenty years. He didn’t answer. We still haven’t spoken. I don’t know why he hasn’t called back. But I know the hesitation myself: seeing an old friend’s name on the phone, wanting to talk, and somehow not feeling ready for what should be a simple conversation. I remember a time when visiting a friend meant going to his house without knowing whether he would be there. Mobile phones weren’t part of our lives, and even a landline wasn’t something every household had. You went, knocked, and found out. There was anticipation on the way, disappointment if he was absent, excitement if he was home. If you missed him, you might try again the next day. None of this felt like too much trouble. Now, the same friend is an instant message away. Yet we can go months without speaking. ...
Hi Praveen,
ReplyDeleteI guess you are finally catching up with me. By the way do you still think that Sharon Stone was not the killer in Basic Instict? We can argue about it if you still think so. Hope you understood the movie Momento. You still have to see Usual Suspects and Equilibrium.
I think by now your opposition to home theater is dead.
Welcome to the real world.
-Yadu
Praveen,
ReplyDeleteA persons who thinks Academy & Oscar are two diferent Awards has no right to watch & talk about Hollywood Movies . I suggest you to Forget all those English movies that you have on your wishlist for this holidays and watch how many ever Tamil & Hindi movies you want and sail in see of euphoria.