Temporarily Lost Forever

Image
Once, we walked to a friend’s door. Now, we hesitate to call. Two months ago, I called a friend I have known for twenty years. He didn’t answer. We still haven’t spoken. I don’t know why he hasn’t called back. But I know the hesitation myself: seeing an old friend’s name on the phone, wanting to talk, and somehow not feeling ready for what should be a simple conversation. I remember a time when visiting a friend meant going to his house without knowing whether he would be there. Mobile phones weren’t part of our lives, and even a landline wasn’t something every household had. You went, knocked, and found out. There was anticipation on the way, disappointment if he was absent, excitement if he was home. If you missed him, you might try again the next day. None of this felt like too much trouble. Now, the same friend is an instant message away. Yet we can go months without speaking. ...

St. Pat's Weekend!

Last week, when India was playing with colours, Rolla was in a frenzy. It was the St. Pat's weekend and it is the biggest event here in Rolla. People look forward to this event three months in advance and the planning is done well ahead of time. I wouldn't mention about the history of the event. You can look up here! The St. Pat's parade was held on 19th March, Sunday. The Pine street was lined with people all along the way. We were there to watch the parade at 11 AM. I couldn't stick on for the entire duration of the parade, but here I am posting the snaps of what unfurled that day!





It was a good weekend in Rolla with a green atmosphere all around. By and large, we could get four days' off to break our head for the next week! As always, it is a pain to include a specific set of photos when you have around 300 photos to chose from. I wish I had a project manager to help me select what I need. After all, what are Project Managers for!! Now, now I am not getting nostalgic or am I?

Comments