Temporarily Lost Forever

Image
Once, we walked to a friend’s door. Now, we hesitate to call. Two months ago, I called a friend I have known for twenty years. He didn’t answer. We still haven’t spoken. I don’t know why he hasn’t called back. But I know the hesitation myself: seeing an old friend’s name on the phone, wanting to talk, and somehow not feeling ready for what should be a simple conversation. I remember a time when visiting a friend meant going to his house without knowing whether he would be there. Mobile phones weren’t part of our lives, and even a landline wasn’t something every household had. You went, knocked, and found out. There was anticipation on the way, disappointment if he was absent, excitement if he was home. If you missed him, you might try again the next day. None of this felt like too much trouble. Now, the same friend is an instant message away. Yet we can go months without speaking. ...

Unusual lines...

Waiting in the dark corridors of uncertainity,
And whiling away your time in trinity,
A lot of things seemingly unclear,
Living with the hope of nothing to fear!

Chaos and confusion adorns your mind,
Time and work keeps you in bind,
But when were things perfectly clear?
Always a challenge to come out of the lair!

A perfect setting and a future,
A dream to stitch; your work a suture,
It is time to work your way,
Not wait for things to sway

A sense of uneasiness as usual,
Life trudges along the same lines,
Day after day; the trauma remains,
Are you still waiting for a change?

Comments

  1. Maga,

    Kansas trip du ondu blog bari. nange baryakke time illa, nin bloge link kotbidtini....
    -Yadu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice and creative writing my friend

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment