Temporarily Lost Forever
Once, we walked to a friend’s door. Now, we hesitate to call. Two months ago, I called a friend I have known for twenty years. He didn’t answer. We still haven’t spoken. I don’t know why he hasn’t called back. But I know the hesitation myself: seeing an old friend’s name on the phone, wanting to talk, and somehow not feeling ready for what should be a simple conversation. I remember a time when visiting a friend meant going to his house without knowing whether he would be there. Mobile phones weren’t part of our lives, and even a landline wasn’t something every household had. You went, knocked, and found out. There was anticipation on the way, disappointment if he was absent, excitement if he was home. If you missed him, you might try again the next day. None of this felt like too much trouble. Now, the same friend is an instant message away. Yet we can go months without speaking. ...
well praveen atlast i got to read ur blog...and i just loved the interview..thanks alot for the link...its amazing how ppl get to study in top colleges because they have privilege to be born as an OBC/SC/ST and i have seen so many of my dad's student in IIT how finish their Btech "aaram se"...well its high time things change ....
ReplyDeleteShweta